The next one-on-one opportunity for SGSC members at FIKA coffee house in Parker will be on Saturday, April 9th , 2016, 10 am to 3 pm. It will cost you nothing except the coffee or tea I expect you to buy while being there.(As most of you know my daughter and son-in-law are the owners).
The only thing I ask for, from those of you who want to come, is to send me an email a.s.a.p. but no later than Saturday, March 26th, 2016, stating:
- What you would like to get help with (e.g. using AD or SVAR, using databases, understanding specific church records (if you have already found one on AD please provide the page number) etc, etc) so I can prepare. I will have Arkiv Digital (AD) and SVAR working and multiple databases available.
- Whether you prefer a morning or an afternoon session
- Whether you would like to join another person
- following what he or she will learn during the session or
- letting another person watch when your problem is addressed
- if a), what kind of problem would you like to watch being handled
Several members spent many hours at FIKA following research that others made. I will analyze the requests and find out how many cases can be handled during the 13th and get back to you no later than Wednesday evening, March 9th , with a proposed schedule.
Please let me know by email (email@example.com), or –during the breaks – at the DPL meeting April 2nd , if you have any questions.
This will be the third opportunity in 2016. The next opportunity will be September 10th, 2016.